Leaking Refrigerator in Indian Wells Causes Water Damage?
We respond to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day in the Coachella Valley
Refrigerators can cause water damage for a few reasons, and they don’t necessarily have to break down to do so. In my case, the ice in my freezer melted during a recent power outage and leaked underneath my unit, so the water leak was not apparent for a few days – enough time to seriously damage my hardwood floors. If we had noticed sooner, we would not have had such bad damage.
Fortunately, our insurance adjuster in Indian Wells told us to call the SERVPRO team in Coachella, and I’m glad we did. Their team arrived quickly, moved the refrigerator, pulled up the soggy flooring, and dried the damaged area completely. They also supervised the replacement of the damaged floor, subfloor, and baseboards underneath the refrigerator. Now, you would never know we had water damage in our kitchen!
Water Damage Restoration Process
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Call Us Today!
When you discover water damage in your Indian Wells home or commercial business, our Coachella team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (760) 345-5210.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.
Be Prepared: Fire Safety Tips and Services for Coachella Valley Homeowners
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Coachella Valley and Riverside County.
As a homeowner in Coachella Valley, it's important to prioritize fire prevention and safety. A house fire can occur at any time and can cause significant damage to your property and pose a threat to your family's safety. While no one wants to experience a fire, it's crucial to be prepared and take steps to prevent fires from occurring.
One of the simplest ways to prevent fires is to ensure that your fire alarms are functioning properly. Regularly check your fire alarms to make sure they're in working order. We recommend testing your smoke alarms every month to ensure they're functioning correctly. Don't forget to replace the batteries annually to keep them working properly.
It's also crucial to be cautious with open flames in Coachella Valley, such as candles, fireplaces, and outdoor fire pits. Keep flammable items away from open flames, and never leave them unattended. If you use space heaters, make sure to keep them away from flammable materials and turn them off when you leave the room or go to bed.
In the event of a fire, it's essential to have an evacuation plan in place for your home in Coachella Valley. Make sure everyone in your home knows how to evacuate quickly and safely. Have a designated meeting place outside of the home, and make sure everyone knows where it is.
Unfortunately, accidents can still happen despite taking preventative measures. That's why it's vital to have access to 24/7 emergency fire damage restoration services in Coachella Valley. These services can help minimize the damage to your property and help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
At SERVPRO Team Brogdon, we understand the importance of providing fast and efficient emergency fire damage restoration services in Coachella Valley. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in the event of a fire. We can help with everything from initial cleanup to reconstruction and restoration services.
If you experience a fire in Coachella Valley, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO Team Brogdon at (760) 345-5210. Our team is ready to assist you with emergency fire damage restoration services. Remember, fire prevention and safety should always be a top priority in Coachella Valley, but if the worst does happen, we're here to help.
Dangerous Black Water Contamination in Indio?
We clean and restore sewage spills in Coachella Valley.
Sewer water is grossly unsanitary and can carry infectious viruses and dangerous bacteria that can cause serious health problems. Fortunately, our Coachella Valley technicians are trained and certified to safely mitigate and restore sewer backups. We have the specialized equipment and protective clothing required to restore sewer damage, no matter how big the job is in Indio. Here are the three classifications of water contamination we remediate:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source, like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into categories two or three
Category 2: "Gray Water"
- It May contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category three, "black water," include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
Call Us Today!
When you have a sewer backup in your Riverside Terrace Chino home or business, our Coachella Valley team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at (760) 345-5210.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.
Mold Problem in Indio?
We are leaders in mold mitigation and removal services in Indio and Coachella.
Our local team in Indio/Coachella can help when you discover a mold outbreak in your home or commercial business. Our technicians have the training, equipment, and experience needed to remediate mold problems in Indio, no matter how extensive the infestation is. Everything in the compromised area will require professional cleaning to minimize the chances for the mold to return once the remediation process is complete.
We specialize in restoring contents damaged by mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water and mold damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product
Call Us Today!
When you have a mold problem in your Indio home or commercial business, our Indio/Coachella team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at (760) 345-5210.
Franchises are independently owned and operated
Are you ready for the Big One?
The best way to handle an earthquake is to prepared before it happens. California has been due for a big earthquake and now is the time to prepare your household and family. First steps to prepare for a natural disaster like the "Big One", is to have an emergency kit in your home, car and at work. Below is a list of possible items to keep in your kit:
- Important Documents (Insurance policies, Identifications and bank account records.)
- Flashlights with extra sets of batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Portable Radio
- Water and Non-perishable food
- Prescription medications
- Extra Sets of clothing and Tennis Shoes
Creating a family plan and practicing what you will do during and after an earthquake is key. Have an evacuation plan ready and give someone the role of grabbing the emergency kit when evacuating. To learn more about preparing your household, visit https://www.ready.gov/earthquakes
Vandalism Damage: What To Do
How to handle Vandalism Damage is not easy but we are here to help at SERVPRO of Indian Wells.
- Hose or wash egg damaged from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint, or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to handle a Vandalism Damage situation contact your local franchise, SERVPRO of Indian Wells to find out more information or to schedule an inspection.
We Are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Indian Wells (760)345-5210
Water Damage: What To Do
WATER DAMAGE FROM CLEAN WATER
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is sage from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
WATER DAMAGE FROM CONTAMINATED WATER
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
Contact your local SERVPRO of Indian Wells for more information on Water Damage procedures (760)345-5210
The First 48 Hours After A Fire Damage
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Indian Wells can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. With extreme desert heat in summer, fire damages can happen suddenly and keeping a fire damage emergency kit in a place outside of home with essentials that may be needed is something we should all do.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do no clean any electrical equipment.
- Do no sent clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
For any further questions on what to do after a fire damage please contact our SERVPRO of Indian Wells Office at (760)3245-5210. Our office staff will gladly answer any questions you may have.
City of Coachella ChristmasTree
Its Christmas in Coachella
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we are not only involved in residential and commercial services we also assist at a civic level. At one point our marketing manager Chris Bennett was the president of the Coachella Chamber of commerce. Ever since that honor he has attended as many functions as possible due to the strength of that connection.
In this Picture we see the Coachella Christmas tree pre-lighting, this is a fun event where the chamber and city team up to bring some Christmas cheer to the residents. They serve up Pan Dulce to the crowd-goers as well as delicious champurado (think Mexican egg nog).
This is a way that we connect with our area to show that we are there in good times and challenging ones as well.